Tuesday 15 November 2011

My name's Alex and I’m an alcoholic.


It’s been 17 days.

17 days!

Seriously, 17 fucking days!

Since my last alcoholic drink – not that I’m counting.

I’m reformed!

Nah…

Although, I am surprised at how easy it’s been so far. When I told people that this was my plan a couple of weeks ago, I was met with a choir of naysayers.

“That’s stupid, why would you do that? I bet you don’t make it.”

Was what they said. Well fuck you naysayers. I’m on a roll – on the wagon, so to speak.

There haven’t been many situations where it’s been a particular problem either. Obviously there are times where normally I would have a pint or whatever but I've abstained. Drinking a pint of coke in the pub isn’t the same of course. I used to hate people who ordered soft drinks when I worked behind a bar. Order a proper drink or get out. We have a coffee machine but it’s just for show. It’s beer or nothing.

But, now I’m one of them.

However, so far, I’ve lost half a stone! Half a stone! Sorry, I realise this blog is full of me repeating myself but this is a big deal! It’s inspired me to make more of an effort in the gym and eat less shit.



Wait.



What the fuck?



What have I become?

                       

I need a beer…

No comments:

Post a Comment