Tuesday 25 October 2011

Clip-fucking-clop


There’s a particular type of person who really gets on my nerves. Well, obviously there are lots of ‘particular types of people’. But for the sake of this blog I’m going to focus on just one.

Small, angry girls.

You know the type I mean? Every office seems to have at least one. They march around in their noisy shoes making a drama out of everything. I guess they must suffer from the female equivalent of ‘small-man syndrome’. But somehow it seems less justified. It’s ok for girls to be small. There’s no need to feel inferior – not that I’m suggesting small men are inferior (although they blates are – LOLZ).

But it’s the angriness that’s particularly annoying. They’re always flustered and they’re always in a rush. Although, I guess their short legs have to work a lot harder than mine. There was a girl who I worked with on my ski season (yah) who completely epitomised this brand of person. She could find drama in the most mundane activity and marched around like she owned the place. Sometimes it could be quite entertaining. Other times I wanted to push her off a cliff.

And as the season progressed tempers inevitably started to fray. When you first start everyone makes a real effort to be friendly. After all, you have to live with these people in a confined space for 6 months so there’s no point in making enemies from the get-go. However, I remember one particular argument we had towards the end that got rather out of hand. I won’t go into the reasons behind it. Suffice to say they were stupid and she was being a moron. I was completely innocent of course! The argument concluded with her threatening to leave the resort early. Like that was a threat!? She was all talk and I knew she wouldn’t do it so I offered to pack her bags for her. She cried and it was all very dramatic/funny. Eventually we pretend made-up for the sake of having to work together for another month. But there was no doubt that we were enemies for life. I’m just about over it.

Now I appreciate that’s an extreme example. She was particularly annoying. I don’t want to tarnish all of them with that brush.

However, there really is no need. Embrace your smallness. Don’t resent it. You never know, you might get a job at a chocolate factory one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment