Wednesday 4 May 2011

USA! USA! USA!

Guess what this one’s about?

However, before I get into this, I feel I must acknowledge the wondrous event that was the Royal wedding. An enchanting display of faux patriotism that lasted precisely 24 hours, allowing the Daily Mail to rapidly return to peddling what it does best: utter disdain for anyone foreign.

I don’t know about you but I felt really sorry for Wills and Kate. Biggest news in the world and then something bigger comes along. What are the chances?! Oh well. I’m sure they’ll get over it with their millions of tax free pounds.

Anyway, back to America.

Did you see the footage of the Americans cheering at the announcement of Osama’s death? We only need look at them to see real patriotism. Real blind, idiotic, arrogant, obnoxious, offensive, repulsive patriotism. Truly inspirational.

Now I know they’re an easy target. Everyone takes the piss out of Americans. (By the way, no offence to the one person who has read my blog in America. I think it must be Bryan.) But we take the piss out of them for a reason. Stereotypes exist for a reason! It’s no wonder the Americans think we’re all upper class snobs. Look at the royal family. Equally it’s no wonder we think that Americans are all inbred hicks. Look at George Bush.

Fair enough, this may be taking it to the extremes but to bring it back to reality, the footage that they showed of them chanting over the weekend genuinely troubled me. Don’t get me wrong. I’m glad Obama, I mean Osama, is dead. He had it coming. But that display of victory was hideous. It took 10 years! 10 years and they’re still smug about it!

Wooo yeh go America! You’re so good at wars! You should do more. It’s your thing.

That's the end of my rant on America. There are lots of lovely people who live there. It's just the global persona that's terrible. Shame.

Now I realise that this blog has taken a rather more serious tone than my general style. This is to prove to you that I’m not just a pretty face. There’s brains behind this beauty.

Don’t laugh. Ok that’s enough. What?! You’re a spaz!
Just because my hair goes blonder when it’s sunny doesn’t mean I get stupider!

Oh. I was forgetting. Stereotypes exist for a reason…

No comments:

Post a Comment